Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fun Christmas Survey

I've seen this Christmas Survey floating around on some blog's I read, so I thought I'd give it a go as well. The original survey is from The Hungry Runner Girl.


1.  Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?
I was never into Christmas music until this year, but I admittedly love "Last Christmas." While some newer versions are good, I like Wham's version the best. 
2.  Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
I've never worked out on Christmas. Thanksgiving, yes. Christmas, no. Christmas is for pajamas! 
3.  What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
Aebleskiver! I'll blog more about this family tradition soon, but basically they are Danish pancakes. And they are amazing. It's not Christmas without them! 

4.  Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
Favorite Christmas tradition is opening a present on Christmas Eve and opening our stockings first. My sister and I also used to stay up all night on Christmas Eve together talking and being excited. Sometimes we'd wake up at 5 in the morning on Christmas and just go downstairs and look at all the presents before my parents got up (or before we begged them to get up really early). 
5.  Real tree, fake tree or no tree?
Fake. Easier, saves trees, less mess. And you can move the branches! My tree this year: 

6.  Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
I've never had super Christmas-y pajamas, but I would not be opposed to having some. The closest thing I have are these gumdrop pajamas that were a Christmas present one year. 
7.  Where do you spend the holidays?  Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?
When I lived with my family in Colorado, I always spen the holidays with them, just the four of us. We never travelled or anything. But now that I live in the North East with my hubby, we go to his parents' house in Tennessee for the holidays. 
8.  Food that you always have during the holiday season?  Favorite Christmas food/treat?
Aebleskiver makes this list, but besides that: hot chocolate, lots of cookies (especially peanut butter blossoms... mmm, I should make some of those soon), candy canes, and Sees candy. 
9. Open presents all at once or take turns?  Stockings… yes or no?
My family always takes turns. My dad always had to get a photo of us opening each gift, so turn taking was the only way to go. And of course, stockings! Beans even has his own stocking this year! :)

10.  Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
I have to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas every year. I just love it! 

I can't believe Christmas is less than two weeks away! So excited now! 

Your turn: go ahead and answer any or all of these questions in the comments or on your own blog with a link back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Feel free to share your thoughts :)

I've moved! FreeingImperfections.blogspot.com has moved to FreeingImperfections.com...