Thursday, January 3, 2013

Zippy Elliptical Workout

Good day! I'm having a good, but cold day so far. To start my day, I had my favorite breakfast: whole grain toast with peanut butter, banana, honey, and wheat germ. And of course some Starbucks to warm me & wake me up.

My fave breakfast

In leui of my January fitness plan, some cardio was on the books for today. As much as I desperately wanted to run, it was about 4 degrees this morning. Yikes! Outdoor run = out the window. Thankfully I have access to small gym in my apartment complex, but I wasn't keen on an indoor run today. Ugh, how I loathe the dreadmill! I really just feel my best running outside. Running on the treadmill takes more coordination for me, something I don't have a lot of.Instead, I opted for a quick but tough elliptical workout.

Zippy Ellitpical Workout

What always keeps me motivated when working out indoors is music. A lot of my favorite songs came on today, helping me keep up the pace. 

Soundtrack for Today
  • "Toxic" - Britney Spears
  • "Where the Streets have No Name" - U2
  • "Dancing in the Dark" - DEV
  • "Give It Up to Me" - Shakira
  • "Vertigo" - U2
  • "I'll Meet You There" - Owl City 
  • "Part of Me" - Katy Perry 
elliptical workout
And done! 
Also, I've decided to keep a workout log on the blog from now on to track my progress for 2013. And  after that workout, I'm starved! On the menu for lunch today is a chicken, avacado, and cheese melt along with some Trader Joe's Organic Lentil soup. Healthy, delicious, and very filling!

Chicken/avacado melt with soup

Now I'm home the rest of day hopefully to get some to-do list items done and stay toasty! 
  • Question for you: How do you stay productive when it's cold and gloomy out? 

4 comments:

  1. I love song suggestions - thanks!
    the elliptical is a huge challenge for me, that's a great workout!

    Lately, I've just had to get up and go, even if the weather is less than stellar. I guess I need that cardio high desperately!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I don't normally do elliptical workouts, so today's workout was definitely challenging for me.

      I think I need to implement a "just get up and go" attitude too. There really is no secret to being productive, is there?

      Delete
  2. Girl, you are inspiring! This is my first time on your blog but I love it! I'm no runner, I hate it actually... but I am motivated to change that! Blogs like yours are helping me realize it's possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sooo much, Angela! Trust me, I was no runner before either. Did you check out my fitness story? I elaborate more on all that there.

      Now that I run, I truly believe it's possible for *anyone* to become a runner. I hope you give it a shot someday!

      Delete

I love hearing from readers! Feel free to share your thoughts :)

I've moved! FreeingImperfections.blogspot.com has moved to FreeingImperfections.com...