Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holidays, Reflecting, and Life Update

Well, hello there! I feel like I have been in a whirlwind since last week from the holiday! I don't know what exactly happened, but everything in my apartment was a disaster, I had no food, all my laundry was dirty, and yet I didn't have a lot of time to catch up so I was going crazy. Holidays tend to do that, don't they? With that said, despite all attempts to fit it in, Manicure Monday was a miss. My nails were left absolutely obliterated from work last week anyway. The long squared edge I was rocking is gone since all my nails broke. I'll take this non-mani week as a time for recovery for my poor tips and start fresh next week.

Despite all the busyness, I unexpectedly had yesterday day off, which was such a blessing. I grocery shopped, cleaned my whole apartment, did laundry, and a ton more. Love when that happens! And I did it all while listening to Christmas music! This is so random, but never in my life have I enjoyed Christmas music. I didn't grow up with Christmas music really, and so I guess it's just been kind of foreign to me. I don't know what got into me, but I decided to listen to some on iHeart Radio as they were advertising the channel, and well - now I'm hooked! I don't usually even feel "in the Christmas spirit," but this year is totally different. Maybe it's because I'm working in retail this year? I don't know, but I like it!

Anywho, during my day off yesterday, I did some reflecting. There's only 28 days until Christmas and not many more days left for 2012. Once the year starts wrapping up, I get the itch to reflect. Basically all of 2012 has been a year of spiritual growing and maturing for me. I've discovered so much of who I am and what I believe. I've also done a ton of exercising and really realized my love for exercise and running. And if you knew me say, five years ago, or even three - that statement would shock you. There has been so much change, growth, and progress for me this year. It's just neat to see a year coming to a close and to realize that it was a year truly well spent. I've also documented a lot of what I've done this year through photos and journaling so it's really easy for me to actually see all the progress instead of just relying on memory. A 2012 reflection post to elaborate is definitely in order!

As for blogging, I literally always have about a hundred blog post ideas in my head at once. I tend to write a few down and I'm lucky if I get to one. But then time passes, and all those ideas are usually not timely enough or would be odd writing about after the fact, so the go unwritten (oh, my writer's heart aches!). But I think sometimes I just completely forget to write personal posts, like this one. This post really has no overarching theme. It's just my life. And I forget that people not only post that on their blogs too, but that people want to read this kind of thing because, after all, I am a real person with a life. Something I did get done today was taking a new head shot for all my profiles and the blog. My old photo was over a year old and I wasn't a huge fan anyway. So there's one thing off my long blog to do list! What do you think?

Look for a very special blog post tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Feel free to share your thoughts :)

I've moved! FreeingImperfections.blogspot.com has moved to FreeingImperfections.com...